. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Monday, July 30, 2012

Hampton, New Hampshire

Last week was spent along the rocky coastline of New Hampshire, reveling in the salty air and eating our fill of lobsters and clams. We usually venture even further south during the summer to the steamy gulf coast, but I was so happy to have a change of pace this time around. I loved waking up to cool crisp mornings and walking along the rocky coast to get coffee. And even though the days got sunny and bright, the wind made every afternoon ridiculously pleasant and I spent hours laying on the beach and reading.




Even though half of Hampton resembles a beach carnival (complete with neon spray painted t-shirts, caricature artists, and sketchy piercing parlors--although the cheesecake soft serve ice scream I got from a little shack on the boardwalk was delicious), the townie side is adorable. I was enamored with the cedar shingles and all the boats heading out for long afternoons on the water. I think its safe to say that between the grey rocks and the ice cold Atlantic I found my coast-line soulmate.