. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sunday, October 2, 2011

"The tragedy of old age is not that one is old, but that one is young." -Oscar Wilde

I'm always on the hunt for new blogs--I have my staples that I visit every day and am very much attached to, but I love discovering new sites that are interesting and inspiring. I stumbled my way into one called Advanced Style, which is perfect for the 65 year old woman whose soul lives in my body. Its basically a Sartorialist style blog, but instead of seeking out sleek hipster types, this guy photographs the most stylish older women all over  the world.


The women featured are so fearless, stylish, and confident--I watched a video of a woman who is 99 years old who is not only superbly fashionable, but she attends Pilates class regularly. And she has a boyfriend. What a baller. As much as getting old old frightens me (the whole your body stops working thing kind of sucks), these ladies make it look like the most fun you'll ever have. Here are a couple of my favorites.







all photos via http://advancedstyle.blogspot.com/