. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Picnics

I'm a big fan of picnics--I think all food tastes more delicious when you can have it outside, with the sun warming your shoulders and a breeze tickling your hair. I think I've made picnic-ing a kind of hobby by this point. Case in point:



{pizza picnics in Athens}



{breakfast picnics in Nashville}



{picnics in Zurich}



{punting boat picnics in Oxford England. Shared with the geese, of course.}



{seeking out the perfect spot in Dublin}



{view from my picnic spot in Dover, England--can you see France across the Channel?}



{mid-hike scenic picnic in the middle of nowhere Cotswolds, England}




{picnic in Versailles, affectionately named Jam Fest 2010. I still crack up at the fact that we smuggled an entire baguette and jar of jam into Versailles. Oh and Kinder chocolates. We got those in there too.}


Clearly, I enjoy my food in rustic settings--Thats why StyleSights recent history of picnics post made me smile.




I love finding those connecting threads with the past. I do realize that these are just photos of people eating outdoors, but knowing that picnics were enjoyed even back in the 1900s makes the fact that I still enjoy them today that much sweeter, you know?





{this is my kind of party. especially when pants like those are involved.}



I adore this photo. Its everything I love about summer in one frame.


all photos from http://blog.stylesight.com/vintage/picnic-time