. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sunday, September 9, 2012

This morning I woke up to the sound of raindrops, and when I opened my window, an amazing cool breeze just swept in and brought the beginnings of fall right along with it. Fall is my favorite season: I love boots, scarves, hot tea and pumpkin spice lattes. I love the changing leaves and having soup for dinner with warm crusty bread. I love how fall makes everyone a little more elusive, a little more mysterious. I mostly love that the southern humidity and mosquitos disappear and I can finally stand to spend more than 10 minutes outdoors.


In anticipation of the best months of the year, heres a little fall roundup.



Ultimate fall comfort food = butternut squash. Then to bake it into a lasagna? Just stop. Its too good. Just toooo good.



Something about fall makes me want to cut bangs back into my hair. As soon as I start to think about sweaters, the last few months of slow and painful hair growing seem to just kind of slip away from my memory. But is there anything chicer than a girl with bangs?



After years of dressing like a gypsy, I'm favoring this clean, almost tom-boyish look for these coming months. My hope is that well fitting staples in interesting textures and fun colors say you're one of those girls that doesn't try too hard but always looks spot on.



Gorgeous Alexa rocking my usual winter uniform: skirts and chunky sweaters. I love the belt and fit of her sweater though--again, the whole yes-I-know-I-look-polished-but-I-just-threw-this-on-this-morning-because-I-am-effortlessly-cool is the goal. I usually fail miserably at these things though.



oh hiiii pretties. I think these bad boys are going to have to come live with me. I've been on the lookout for a new pair for a few months now and there nothing better than breaking in a new pair of Fryes. The ones my parents bought me many years ago are a treasured possession.