. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Saturday, February 18, 2012

"But friendships is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life. And thanks to a benevolent arrangement, the greater part of life is sunshine." -Thomas Jefferson


My valentines were my three friends this year--the ones who make fun of my anti-social antics and who are ok with my realism (always easily confused with cynicism). I'm sure a bouquet of flowers and a romantic dinner with a sweetheart would have been a nice way to spend Valentine's day too, but I'm glad to have found kindred spirits who thought a Thursday night wine tasting followed by a spontaneous trip to the Georgia Museum would be just as lovely. Thank you girls, for being smart, funny, and kind friends, and of course, for being excellent valentines.