. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Visit

A few weekends ago, my sweet friend made the trek west to come and visit me. We have such a lovely weekend together--I'm still having a hard time accepting the fact that not all weekends can quite as wonderful as that one.

We ate so much delicious food (so.much.) and pranced all over Nashville visiting old favorites and some new cool places I've been wanting to try. Throw in there a night on the town that had us dancing until the wee hours of the morning, and lots of good conversation, and it was pretty much the greatest three days ever.
***

Adventures in East Nashville began at the Barista Parlor which was just a cool place. The coffee was amazing (yes, I'm looking at you Bourbon Vanilla Latte) and the people watching was spot on.





After grabbings some locally made raviolli from Porter Road Butcher, we walked down to five points jus to remind ourselves just how far from hipster cool we really are.









Naturally, I could let Jenny leave without trying my favorite place, Jenis! Between us, we sampled a million flavors (thank you Jeni's staff for being so kind and gracious with those tester spoons...) and we were smitten with our final choices.






Honey-Pistachio and my favorite, Sweet Potato with Torched Marshmallows. 



walking along my favorite spot downtown.




So full after a delicious restaurant week meal at Holland House.


As avid brunch goers, I had to take her to one of the best brunch spots in town:  Tavern. Its conveniently located across the street from my house, and their sangria and just about every entree on the menu makes my heart skip a beat.




I miss you already, friend. Please come back and visit again soon.