. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013


875309-Happy-New-Year-2013


2013 has arrived!  I spent the evening with my closest friends from high school and college, enjoying the crowds in our old college town for a few hours before walking home in the freezing cold and eating cinnamon rolls while watching house hunters. Clearly, we know how to rage.


I had a somewhat awkward encounter with an old high school acquaintance while we were out--someone who was once a close friend but who inexplicably drifted and became quite cold and mean. I had been pondering a resolution and running into her solidified it--I don't ever want to become the person who is mean for no reason, and who has only negative things to say. I think 2013 is my year to look inward: I want to find more patience, kindness, and continue being conscious of how I treat others. I want to leave them feeling better about themselves, not worse.


In retrospect, 2012 was an exciting year.


I graduated college, moved to a new state, began graduate school, and had the most academically challenging four months of my life.


I spent countless precious nights with friends enjoying our last few months together and was separated from the people I had gone to school with for over a decade. However, I also met amazing people in Nashville who are already dear to me, and I can't wait to see what those friendships grow into over the next few months.


Its been a year of change and growth, with some high highs and a couple of real lows, but I'm a lucky girl: I have a family that is supportive and loving, friends who are hilarious and kind, and I am at an amazing school that is pushing me to new places intellectually and academically.


I'm so excited for what 2013 has in store. Here's hoping for lots of love, luck, happiness, delicious meals, wonderful conversations, new relationships beginning, old relationships strengthening, and peace and serenity  to carry us through the tough parts!


 burst